QA Level 4 Award in
Immediate Life Support (ILS)
The QA Level 4 Award in Immediate Life Support (RQF) is ideal for those who have a responsibility at work, or in community or voluntary activities to provide emergency care to patients, such as event medical providers, emergency ambulance personnel, registered healthcare professionals and those working in specialist roles within the emergency services and military.
During this 1 day course, Learners will develop the necessary skills associated with immediate life support, including: airway management, patient assessment, management of major illness/injury, post-incident procedures, Managing the Return of Spontaneous Circulation (RoSC), patient handovers and more.
Successful candidates will develop their knowledge and skills in providing immediate life support to patients in cardiorespiratory arrest or experiencing life-threatening illness and injury. Topics include: airway management, ILS procedures, ILS treatment algorithms, modifications required during cardiac arrest, end of life care and more.
1 x Theory assessment (Learner Workbook) and 3 x Practical Assessments/Skills TestS
- Scene management
- Methods and procedures needed to assess and manage an incident
- Managing a patient with life-threatening or non-life threatening illness and injury
- Post incident procedures
- Airway management
- Immediate life support procedures, including:
- Return of Spontaneous Circulation (RoSC)
- Patient handovers
- Modifications required during cardiac arrest for:
- Third trimester pregnancy
- Neck stoma
- Immediate life support treatment algorithm
- End of life care
- Using the National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
No Events Found...
Get In Touch
ALR TRAINING LTD. Unit 8, Durrance Farm Business Park. Stewkley Road, Soulbury LU7 0UU